What a difference a year makes! This time last year we were very concerned about the future of our school – but now:
- we have a fantastic Ofsted inspection report, which endorses the hard work and dedication of our staff, governors, parents and the school community
- the future of the school IS secure, having become a part of ASSET Education
- we are planning events for the future
- we are most definitely a growing school!
We believe that Stutton offers:
- A very committed team of staff and governors, working with ASSET Education, to further develop our successful school
- A caring family and inclusive school community
- A child-centred approach to teaching with a wealth of creative, enriching and spontaneous opportunities and memorable moments, resulting in happy children with a positive attitude to learning
- Recognition and celebration of children’s achievements both in and out of school
We enjoy close links with Stutton Young Explorers, the wrap-around day care centre situated on our site, local primary schools, Holbrook Academy and of course the ASSET Education family of schools.
From September we will be welcoming the rising 5s, from Stutton Young Explorers, into our school three mornings a week.
We have received some heart-warming feedback from various people and organisations throughout this year; the most recent received from a member of the Bikeability team: ‘I just want to say how delightful it has been to work with your pupils… Small things, such as always patiently raising a hand when they wished to ask a question, made them a pleasure to teach… It was great fun to work with a bunch of children whose strengths had been identified and emphasised…The school has a particularly friendly, welcoming atmosphere that is apparent as soon as one steps over the threshold…’
One of our newer parents posted the following feedback on our internal school blog after our summer camp: ‘What an awesome school, filled to the brim with wonderful people – so happy to be a part of it. Thank you for making us so welcome.’
We warmly welcome prospective parents and children to visit us at any time.
Anne Clarke – Headteacher
Re: Ofsted Inspection Report: January 2018
The following comments were received during our recent Ofsted Inspection. The full report can be found above.
The school is an extremely happy place.
The school provides a caring, inclusive environment, where relationships are strong between adults and pupils.
Pupils enjoy learning and playing together.
A strong moral code underpins the school’s values.
Pupils are happy, confident, courteous and well mannered.
Children know their opinions are listened to.
Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted well.
Early Years – The indoor and outdoor areas provide a range of interesting learning opportunities matched to children’s interests, needs and different levels of ability.
Welcome video from our students
Remember to wrap up warm tomorrow for our trip to Christchurch Mansion